Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > 2002 Honda Civic key light flashing
2002 Honda Civic key light flashing

5600 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-18 17:47:24

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Techi
    2015-11-13 15:54:25
     Today a friend called me and said that his car would not start. When he puts the key in the ignition and key to the second position the immobilizer green key light on the dash stays lit for 2 seconds and then starts blinking and the vehicle would not start. The same thing happens with the spare key.

I hooked up by Maxisys Mini to the vehicle and scanned for the control units. The immobilizer unit reported no faults but when I went into the immobilizer manual setup it reported the the immobilizer is not normal..........
    It also stated that 2 keys were registered which is correct, that the key was of type1= fix code.....

Questions:
    1. Does this prove that there is a fault with the immobilizer?
    2. Has anyone come across this problem before? How can it be fixed?

Any suggestions Support02

Thanks

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-13 16:52:25 (Reply to:Techi)

Yes when you immobiliser reporting as NOT Normal means its got fault............and yes it is very common faults on Honda this happiness special when the battery voltage goes low or completely flat..................The Immo ECU and Engine ECU losses its synchronizing...........

You were in a right direction go to Immobiliser Setup>> Immo & ECU Replaced>> and follow the Screen commands................

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Techi
    2015-11-13 21:11:26 (Reply to:Ashraf)
    Thanks Ashraf, will do as you suggest and will post back with the results. Do you know why when I scan the control units the Immo read as NO FAULTS?
    Do you have any problems with auto vin detection? I am having problems with this.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-14 03:05:03 (Reply to:Techi)

That's how the software is designed it will not read any fault codes for some..................Regarding the Auto Vin Read I have not seen any problems...........There used to be problems with old software but seen the last updates this problem was resolved unless if you still using an old software  than you will have this Read Vin Problems....................

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2015-11-14 22:36:59 (Reply to:Techi)

Low voltage or loss of voltage can cause the immobilizer to not boot up properly as
    well as any of these modules and have a problem but not report it. Take the negitive
    cable off for about five minutes and then reconnect. Make sure battery is fully charged
    and then see what happens.

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Techi
    2015-11-15 22:12:50 (Reply to:Ashraf)
     Hi Ashraf,
    Did as you suggested and followed the instructions but the registering of the keys failed each time I tried which was about three or four times. Is there any other way you can synchronize the two ECUs or test to see if the immobi is faulty?

Can I bypass the immobi?

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-11-16 02:52:10

The problem is probably with the battery. 

If battery deads do not anything with battery, just go to battery shop replace new one, it will start immediately , if do any other thing to start car, green key flash immediately activated and it wont allow u to start engine unless u do re-programming and replace new battery.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-16 03:12:53 (Reply to:Techi)

You need a very good battery voltage and if your battery is OK than check if there NO any blown fuses or, it could be you have a faulty fuse box....................Check fuse #F7 15amp in Engine bay..............and if you still have problem then try changing the fuse box...................

•   Level 3   
    (73) points
    Techi
    2015-11-16 13:33:07 (Reply to:Ashraf)
      Thanks Ashraf and to ALL that assisted me on this topic. 
    Well I did as everyone mentioned and got a new battery and guest what........It started, Yea!!! I would not guess that it was a battery problem since the voltage measured between 11.9v -12.2v. I taught that was as a result of trying to start it so many times.

Thanks again to all that assisted.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-11-16 14:55:29 (Reply to:Techi)

Well Done.....!!!!!! I am glad you got it sorted............We all learn new things every day so, next time you know where to start............ from...............
  Total2 Pages